Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sun With Moon

It was CA's birthday, and since she requested Sun with Moon specifically, off we go. If my memory didn't fail me, she thought about it last birthday, but we went to one of her other choices instead. S made the reservation for 7pm, and I arrived at 6.45pm. Interestingly, you have to join the queue even if you made reservations. But there were actually two servers at the reception booth. One takes care of the walk-in customers, the other one is responsible for the reservations. So despite a long line, I was seated within 5 minutes probably. While waiting for the rest to arrive, I had to withstand the stares of the people in the queue, since I was given a huge table for six - right beside the main entrance where people are standing in line at the glass window right beside me. Did witness a lady flying into a rage because she had to queue despite her reservation. Hey lady, that was not glam.

We ordered a main dish each, and sashimi and barbecued pork belly to share. And who could forget the desserts? The salmon belly and swordfish sashimi were served thickly cut on a huge bed of ice. Very fresh! We loved it. Pork belly was so-so - had better one elsewhere. My beef rice was actually thick slices of steak on a bed of rice flooded with some sauce. Pretty good combination, I must say. Their desserts were the highlight, since birthday girl's personal mantra is "dessert is my main course". The tofu cheese cake claimed to have lingering scent of tofu, but I only tasted cheese. Not complaining of course, it was light and creamy but cheesy enough to get me hooked. The chocolate cake and green tea tiramitsu were nice too. Their desserts were all light enough to not kill you with a sugar and fat rush after an already filling meal.

Salmon belly and swordfish sashimi

Barbecued pork belly

I can't remember the name of this donburi

Beef sukiyaki with soup base changed to miso

Beef donburi


Hokkaido chocolate layer cake

Tofu cheese cake

Green tea tiramitsu
The service was not bad, our tea got refilled as and when we requested. Although I suddenly remembered at the back of my mind about a not-so-friendly expression given to me by a waitress when I asked about why my cake hadn't arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment