Monday, August 8, 2011

Backdated entry - Les Bouchons (Ann Siang)

Found this eatery via HungryGoWhere.com. Read the positive reviews and Lynn and me decided to try it out last year. I mean, I love potatoes almost as much as I love steak. Steakfrites sounds like a fantastic idea! Do bear in mind that this being last year, some of the details are a little fuzzy.

The restaurant was small and cosy - reservation recommended. I think we enjoyed the small rolls that were served before our mains arrived. We ordered a steak each, with the accompanying free flow fries. If I didn't remember wrongly, these came with a small salad which was okay, but obviously not attractive enough to make it into my camera. The steak was juicy and tender, and it was served with a slab of unsalted butter you immediately place on the steak and watch it melt. That added a new dimension to the steak. These were served alongside an array of mustards that we had fun experimenting with before we found the few we liked. And the steak was huge too, took us a while to finish every delectable morsel of it. It remained yummy to the end, despite getting cold as we munched and chatted. And the fries - WOW! These fries were GOOD! I'm telling you they make all the fast-food chains looked (or taste rather) incredibly bad. We only managed to finish the initial big serving our meats came with, and did not have the stomach space to ask for another round.


I think my camera doesn't do the steak justice. We did see the guys at the table next to us having grilled prawns that looked pretty good. B-b-but... we love steaks... lolz. Ended the meal with a creme brulee, and agreed that the next time we will forgo the dessert for another round of the fantastic fries.

Update: I forgot about their escargots. Served with garlic butter sauce, they arrived without their shells. Easy to eat for sure, but somehow, we didn't really enjoy it. The flesh was less flavorful than those we had previously eaten, despite the fact that the sauce was extremely flavorful. Not sure whether the lack of shell during the cooking process affected the entry of the flavor into the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment