Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Morganfield's

We were attending a talk at Biopolis, and a few of us decided to do lunch at Star Vista before heading back to the lab. After roaming through the building full of eateries, we settled for Morganfield's because D mentioned it was good before, and because they had a set lunch menu.

Between the 5 of us, we ended up with 4 sets of grilled ranch chicken and 1 set of black pepper chicken. For some reason, none of us chose anything from the steaks, chops, burgers or fish section. For me, it was because I'm trying to cut down on my calories so the grilled ranch chicken looked the least sinful. I don't know why the boys ended up with chicken like me. Haha!

Set meals came with either a soup of the day, or a garden salad, and free flow soft drink. I was in the mood for soup, so soup it was. Cream of potato with pork, how interesting. It was warm and creamy, with shredded pork and potato cubes. Perfect for a hungry stomach. But note the half-full bowl. I saw the other table's order from the ala carte menu, it was a bigger, and full bowl. And none of us ended up with refills for the soft drinks, despite E's happiness at finding Fanta on the menu.

Cream of potato with pork
The grilled ranch chicken looks somewhat boring. But it was a surprisingly juicy and tender slab of chicken breast. I enjoyed it, and was thankful for it being lower in calories than, for example, fish and chips. The fries I think I tried to coerce one of the boys to help me finish. FQ ordered the black pepper chicken chop. It was the same juicy chicken, but smothered in black pepper sauce instead of our mushroom sauce on the side. He liked it too. But I believe they halved the serving for the set lunch. It annoys me a little. I'll rather have a more expensive set lunch, with the full sized serving. Don't you think the small servings makes it look a little like coffeeshop western food? Especially the black pepper chicken!

Grilled ranch chicken

Black pepper chicken chop
Morganfield's is actually supposedly more well known for their ribs. I'm not a huge ribs fan, because I can eat at most 2 bones before I surrender thanks to the gelat-ness. But their ribs platters looked absolutely amazing. I think they can be shared among ALOT of people. E returned with 2 friends, he said, who were all big eaters. They could barely finish one platter. I'll probably need to share with 5 pax at least, given my lack of appetite for ribs. He apparently loved it, because even now, 4 months later, as I'm blogging this very belatedly, he saw me browsing through Morganfield's website (because I forgot what are the dishes' names), he said he wanna go back there. Guess that says something about the quality of the food. If I return, I'll definitely come back for the ala carte, because the small servings of the lunch set meal annoyed me.


Morganfield's

THE STAR VISTA

1 Vista Exchange Green,
Unit #02-23, The Star Vista,
Singapore 138617.
Tel: 66943635
Fax: 66943651

No comments:

Post a Comment