Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yishun 925 Chicken Rice

I saw this eating place recommended by a neighbor on our estate Facebook page. I love a good chicken rice, and hubby was doing night classes at that time. So it sounded like a perfect on-the-way-home dinner alone.

I'm not a fan a eating out alone, especially in a coffeeshop where I have to find seat, order food and order drinks somehow without losing my seat. I don't fancy the 'chope seat with tissue paper' method. So I solved the problem by packing home instead. Simple dinner of chicken thigh rice.

This stall is a little more commercialized than usual hawker stalls. You place order at the cashier, is given an order slip, and return the slip upon collection of your food. I was expected quite a wait, and was quite surprised to receive my packet before I finished taking a decent photo of the signboard.

That packet of rice made me extremely hungry on my 20 minutes bus ride home from Yishun Interchange. It smelled sooooo good. It's aroma floated up to my nose throughout the entire ride, making me hungrier with each second. I simply couldn't wait to get home and devour the packet. And devour I did. I opened it up immediately after getting home, paused to snap a picture, and proceeded to wolf down the whole pack.

Alright. I did pause a little to chew slowly and enjoy the flavor. The rice is very aromatic, and cooked just nice. Fluffy grains of rice that aren't mushy. The chicken was tender, and perfectly flavored. The chilli... I can't remember. I ate this back in May 2012. Hubby graduated after that and I no longer had dinner alone, so haven't gone back for chicken rice. That coffeeshop doesn't have a vegetarian stall. I'm craving chicken rice recently after watching someone eat a packet in a movie a few days ago. I think it's time to revisit 925.



No comments:

Post a Comment