Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Epicurious (Singapore River)

It's a belated birthday celebration for S and we had initially thought of doing a high-tea type of gathering. Turns out E had very absentmindedly arranged for high tea with another bunch of people on the same day (nothing new for her to be this blur actually). So we had to push it to evening as a dinner instead.

When we first mentioned high-tea, S had suggested Epicurious because she wanted to try their all day breakfast. However, breakfast is served only up to 4pm. So by the time we went, no more breakfast menu. I reached early (actually, I was on time. They were late.), and started off my evening drinks alone.


Kidding. It was just plain water in that vodka bottle. I'm not an alcoholic who guzz Vodka before having my dinner. I was pretty famished, and so ordered a mushroom soup while waiting for them. The soup turned out great - chopped mushrooms in every creamy spoon. The kind I like.

Mushroom soup served in a cup
The rest arrived when I was midway through my soup. We took a while to decide on our mains. Because E came from a high-tea, she settled for just soup. S ordered some chicken with cheese thingy (it's name wasn't in English and my languages really ain't strong, t just couldn't stick). M and me ordered grilled tenderloins. We ordered an asian salad which sounded interesting with smoked salmon and yuzu dressing.

My medium rare steak appeared to be misheard as rare. I got a really bloody steak that wasn't quite something I liked. M's came ok. But on the scale of 10, their steak scored maybe 4 or 5? I sort of asked for it right, ordering steak from a place known more for their breakfast. S found her chicken not as good as she wished. We did enjoy the salad though, smoked salad in refreshing dressing plus generous sprinkling of nori pieces.


Grilled tenderloin - looks decent

Chicken with cheese something

Salad

We were actually a little disappointed by the mains, and so decided to get our desserts elsewhere. But if anything, this restaurant scores for their service. We were hardly neglected. And one of the guys was sweet enough to stand by the restaurant door waiting for me when I called up for directions while looking for the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment