Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Coffee Stars by Dao (Wisma Atria)

Lynn and me met up for a ranting session on my part, because I needed to let out some steam. After comfort food at Din Tai Fung, we were roaming around Wisma Atria for desserts. Came across the pretty display of cakes at Coffee Stars. They have interesting flavors such as taro fresh cream cake, coconut pandan roll and horlick cake. We were tempted, and so decided to try.

After pouring over their menu, we settled for a taro fresh cream cake as well as a cappuccino cake. Lynn ordered a Mango Lassi, while I forgot what drink I ordered. We noticed that their cooked food selection seems not bad. They even have an entire page of vegetarian options!

Our cakes arrived shortly with our drinks. We really liked the taro cake, with its mashed yam frosting. The frosting tastes exactly like the yam paste dessert you eat at chinese restaurants. It's a must have for yam paste lovers! The cappuccino cake was more forgettable. I think we liked it, but it didn't make as big an impression as the taro cake. Lynn even packed a slice back for her mom. I think my mom will love it too, being the yam lover she is. Too bad I'm not staying with her now. It's now a mental note to get this for her birthday. I remember Lynn didn't enjoy her drink too much, while I was ok with mine (whatever it was). I really should complete catching up with my entries so that I'm not digging so far back into my memories...

Taro fresh cream cake

Cappucino cake


Mango Lassi and ???

I really liked the yam cake and will buy one for my mom's birthday. They supposedly serves a Thai and International cuisine. I believe Lynn returned for the mains, not sure if she'll remember to blog about it... Will probably bring hubs back one day to try their mains.

No comments:

Post a Comment