Sunday, November 20, 2011

SteakHotel-Holycow!

Lynn came across this stall in Lucky Plaza's foodcourt (the one beside MacDonald's) selling Wagyu steaks at $28. She was so obsessed with it that she kept bugging me to go there to eat, since I'm her one friend who appreciates beef the best. Ok, she has other friends, but I'm the only solo one without an additional half who have to tag along for the beef-fest, since my hubby's vegetarian.

So we finally made our way down on Friday. Their steaks prices are ok. $28 for Wagyu ribeye and sirloin. I think there was an ongoing promotion for Wagyu rump steak at $10. The non-wagyu steaks were going at average of $15 I think. We ordered a Wagyu ribeye and sirloin to share, medium rare (in case medium is too cooked), with the option of black pepper sauce. We were given a number tag and told to return in about 10 minutes time to collect. So we made use of the 10 minutes to hunt for a seat in the crowded foodcourt. Managed to snag one near the stall just before our number was called.

The stall provides pepper grinder which we were more than happy to help ourselves to. Sorry I divided our steaks before I remembered the camera. The steaks were tender, so definitely better than the steaks from your chain steak houses. I had preferred the sirloin than the ribeye, because I found the fats at the edges of the sirloin more aromatic than those in the ribeye. Lynn preferred the ribeye as she found it more tender. Of course, the meat can't compare to those of the high-end steak places, but at $28, who's complaining?

Their pepper sauce was a little too sweet for my liking. We did enjoy the thick-cut fries though. Both of us barely touched their sauteed spinach, which was completely bland. I think there wasn't even a grain of salt in there.

Wagyu steaks - sirloin on the left, ribeye on the right
We probably won't come back, since we are the kind who don't mind paying more for good food (steaks in this case), so we'll rather spend our stomach space at those places that we previously blogged about. That said, SteakHotel did manage to satisfy our unsatisfied steak craving rolled over from the unbeefy Restaurant Ember. For those who also like steaks, but aren't keen to spend too much on it, I think SteakHotel serves decent enough steaks at affordable prices. The servings aren't considered small, definitely bigger than the regular foodcourt-style steaks. I really do think $28 for a Wagyu ribeye steak is a steal. Oh, and its Halal, so muslim friends can enjoy too! Oh oh, and you can redeem a free steak on your birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment