Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Wine Company (Sentosa Boardwalk)

I've spotted this joint a few times walking in and out of Sentosa from Vivocity. It faces the sea, and looked like a nice place to chill with the hubby during sunset. So one fine day, we decided we'll go 'pak tor' there. Unfortunately, we chose a slightly overcast day and the hubby decided that sitting outdoor was risky. Moreover it was one of those incredibly humid August evening and the indoor air-conditioning was welcomed.

First up, truffle fries. I like that theirs were slightly more thick cut than the usual shoe string fries. I like my fries thick and fluffy, which was how theirs was. However, theirs were a little oily, and there wasn't a lot of truffle flavor.

Truffle fries
Lynn told me their chicken liver pate was very good. I could find it nowhere in the menu, except as one of the options for the bruschetta. So we ordered the tomato and the mushroom for the hubby, while I get the chicken liver pate. Indeed, their pate was creamy, livery and yummy. I just wished that it was a dish by itself.

Bruschetta - roma tomatoes, mushroom and brie, chicken liver pate
Remembering the fabulous crab pasta from Riccioti, I ordered the crab spaghetti and was sorely disappointed. The pasta was too undercooked (mind you, I know al-dente. Theirs' was definitely undercooked) and the tomato sauce waaaaay too tangy. That said, they were very generous with the sweet crab meat. In the end I picked through to get all the crab, and gave up on the pasta and sauce.

Crab spaghetti
Hubby got the mushroom risotto. As he is usually not big on rich dishes, he enjoyed maybe the first three mouthfuls? Then he got sick and finished the rest without much comments. But risotto are always like that, very rich. So he typically never liked them.

Mushroom risotto

We didn't get any wine despite being in a Wine Company. Hubby wasn't in the mood for it. We also weren't impressed by the food. And being 1 of the only 2 tables in the restaurant was pretty awkward. I'm pretty sure we won't be back in the recent future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment