Wednesday, August 6, 2014

PS Cafe Petit (Tiong Bahru)

The plus point of working near Tiong Bahru is the access to all the little cafes that have sprung up in this recently hipster neighborhood. So for SH's farewell lunch, we thought we'll go to PS Cafe.

The Tiong Bahru branch of PS Cafe is the Petit version - meaning it only carries the takeaway menu. Nonetheless, we managed to secure ourselves a table. I've actually never tried any of the PS Cafe, but I've been told that their truffle fries are to-die-for. So, I ABSOLUTELY have to try the truffle fries! It was served in a nice little paper cone, and sprinkled generously with parmesan. The truffle flavor was strong without being overpowering (wait a minute, can truffle ever overpower? haaa). The fries were piping hot and crisp, the perfect vehicles for carrying the truffle goodness to my mouth.

Truffle fries
SH went for the All-day breakfast panini. Bacon, eggs and cheese sandwiched between beautifully toasted bread. Look at the cheeeese....

All-day breakfast panini
The beef bolognaise was quite normal. It was a good pasta, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't impressive. And somehow the takeaway format seems to take something away from it. But I've already known it's a takeaway menu so I can't complain.

Beef bolognaise
Given the small takeaway menu here, I don't think I'm in a position to judge the food. The fries were good, that's for sure. The other food were simple, mainly because they were meant to be eaten on the go. I think to be fair to PS Cafe, I need to go to a full-fledge restaurant before I can cast my judgement.


No.41 Blk 78. Guan Chaun St, S 160078
Telephone / SMS: (+65) 9226 7088 for takeaway orders

No comments:

Post a Comment