Friday, April 25, 2014

Lenu (Vivocity)

It was a Friday night after our weekly swimming session, and we arrived at Vivocity pretty late (for a Friday) at 8 plus pm. Took a while to find a parking lot, and found that almost every eatery had long queues. We initially wanted to go for steamboat at Jpot but was informed of a roughly 45 minutes wait. Post-swimming, not good. We were ravenous.

So we roamed, and spotted the pretty empty Lenu. JP said it is pretty good, so we decided, why not? I was so hungry I really could eat anything at the moment. So we got a table immediately, browsed through the menu briefly, and off the few of them went to off to place order at the counter while I did the lazy girl thing and just waited at the table.

The rest returned with our drinks and starters, that they grabbed off the fridge at the counter. We munched on the cold starters while waiting for our noodles. Cold marinated cucumbers (凉拌黄瓜) was cold and crunchy, perfectly seasoned. The pickled cherry tomatoes I liked less, but that's because I personally don't like pickled stuff. The rest of them liked it anyhow.

凉拌黄瓜


For noodles I opted for the one with everything. Mixed beef brisket, shank, tendon with thin noodles. Nice rich beef broth, with tender beef pieces. The noodles were springy, just the way I like. Only problem? Serving may be a little too small for a post-swim dinner. But the hot soupy noodles really hits the spot, after a cold swim. Plus it was a rainy night too, hence the whole package was ideal.

Mixed beef brisket, shank, tendon with thin noodles
I liked Lenu for the lack of crowd, but still decent food. It's not lavish like some of my meals can be, but still satisfying. Great for those wanna-treat-yourself-but-not-too-expensive meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment