Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Artisan Boulangerie Co. (Great World City)

I needed to go to the bank, and since banks operates office hours, it had to be done at lunch time. So I dragged my slacker buddies J and FQ to Great World City with me during lunch. They browsed for lunch place, while I settled my banking stuff.

I, have a weakness, for soups. Despite a bad experience with tomato soup Lynn and I had once, I still do order tomato soups occasionally (whereas Lynn have sworn off tomato soup ever since). ABC's tomato soup was thick and tangy, and I liked it. Warms the belly. The crusty bread that came with it was so so though.
Tomato soup
J ordered the portabello sandwich. It looked good!! She liked it, and gave me a mouth to try. The mushroom was thick and juicy. Perfect for mushroom lovers, or vegetarians who wants a 'burger'. I went for my usual Eggs Benedict, with smoked salmon instead of canadian bacon. The poached eggs were nice and runny, the hollandaise sauce tangy and creamy. I don't think I'll ever criticise eggs benedicts anywhere, unless some joint try to be funny and give me overcooked eggs.

Portabello sandwich

Smoked salmon Eggs Benedict
FQ, our breakfast lover, went for the ABC breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms and side salad. As if it wasn't big enough, it had three chunks of crusty bread served at the side. He was happy, and really enjoyed his breakfast for lunch. The eggs were creamy and perfect. Bacon, if I didn't recall wrongly, was a little on the too salty side. Other than that, it was a plate of happiness.

ABC breakfast

Bread for ABC breakfast

Overall we liked it. I guess if you're a bread lover or a breakfast lover, this is a nice place to chill and chat. The water, salt, pepper etc are all self-serviced, which is sometimes a good thing since you don't have to spend your time trying to get the servers' attention. They have ALOT of baked goods options, breads, tarts, cakes etc, which we didn't try. Only downside was we got a sofa seat. Although nice to chill, it was a little difficult to eat a proper meal from a low coffee table. 


#01-23, Great World City
Singapore 237994
Ph: +65 6887 4062
Open Daily from 10 am to 10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment