Friday, February 22, 2013

Cedele (Great World City)

Been to Cedele several times and liked their breads. Just order a soup, and bread is free-flow. You get to go to the bread counter, choose from a selection of breads (typically about 4), slice the bread yourself, pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar yourself, as often as you wish. On this occasion, it was K's farewell. Given that there are vegetarians and Muslims among us (the not so strict kind), Cedele was perfect for everybody. There was 14 of us, so I definitely wasn't able to get photos of the food at the other end of the table. But we all enjoyed our food.

Cedele boasts of wholesome food. Their placemat features several health advices about the types of foods and their benefits. They have a good selection of health juices and teas. Their soup of the day typically includes a vegetarian and a non-vegetarian option. How's that for being friendly to the vegetarians?

My soup I believe was supposed to be chicken. But somehow the one that was given to me did not at all look or taste like a chicken soup. But the flustered waitress was zipping around a little irritably, so I decided to just have my soup as it is since I'm not picky. Looking through their soup schedule now, I think this looks like a curry pumpkin soup. I've always liked their soups, I think this time was no different.


And it was pasta galore at my end of the table. XP's beef ragu spaghetti was a warm beef tomato stew sort of pasta. The seafood portion looks quite generous in the E's Red Seafood pasta. HY's Arrabiata, on the other hand, looks quite plain in comparison. My Fish Pesto Garlic spaghetti is as the name promised. Well flavored aglio olio served with a fish fillet smothered in pesto.

Shredded Beef Ragu Spaghetti
Red Seafood Spaghetti
Arrabiata Penne
Fish Pesto Garlic Pasta

The farewell boy had the Sirloin Steak sandwich. Weird to be bringing him to a western restaurant for a farewell actually, considering he's going back to the States. But ah well, it's not easy to find a location for our mish mash of dietary restrictions. He liked the sandwich though, as well as the company, I'm sure.
Sirloin Steak Sandwich

YJ's Rosti Sea Bass looked pretty good actually. Generous slab of fish served on a small rosti, accompanied by salsa and garden greens. That girl always choose the healthy stuff.

Rosti Sea Bass

We, of course, gorged ourselves silly with bread before the arrival of all our mains. The vegetarians somehow all sat at the other end of the table, so no photos of their food. But we all enjoyed ourselves. And I know I'll be back again for the occasional lunch treat. And hubby loves their vegetarian options too!


Cedele (Great World City)
1 Kim Seng Promenade
#01-01/02 Great World CitySingapore 237994Tel: 6836 1426Website: http://www.cedeledepot.com/home/home.asp


No comments:

Post a Comment