Friday, May 23, 2014

GRUB

So it was my birthday. My in-laws wanted to celebrate with me and I suggested GRUB. A friend mentioned it before but because its in Bishan park, none of my other friends are willing to entertain the distance. Since the in-laws all stay in the north, it's very convenient for us. Moreover they had some vegetarian options for my hubby.



If you order their GRUB breakfast set, it comes with a coffee or tea. So here's the latte that was served before the food arrives.

Latte
For sharing, we ordered a Chilli con carne to share. The hubby ate the chips plain. We also ordered fries and that one he could enjoy. He got the rocket salad as his main dish, with tomato slices and feta cheese. I can't seem to find that on their online menu now, so I guess this item has been removed.

Chilli con carne

Fries

Rocket salad
CM got their roasted portobello. Big portobello mushroom caps roasted to juiciness, complemented by a salsa and rocket leaves. My hubby totally can eat this actually, but he doesn't like portobello mushrooms in general.
Roasted portobello
W got the French toast. Beautifully browned French toast, served with garlic thyme pork sausage, strawberries, sour cream and maple syrup, and finally dusted with some iceing sugar. Sweet and savory on one plate. She liked it.
French toast
I had the egg cocotte, because frankly, I cannot resist truffled anything. The parma ham is small and forgettable. The eggs a little too soft for my liking. The foccacia were good vehicles for dipping into the egg. Truffle wise, it wasn't very strong. I very much preferred Forty Hand's version.

Truffled egg cocotte
G's breakfast set comes as a pretty small portion, despite the variety. I expected a much fuller plate for a breakfast set. I mean, I always get food coma from breakfast sets elsewhere so this was a little disappointing.
GRUB breakfast set
The cafe had a nice alfresco area, which is pretty pleasant on a not-too-hot day. Location wise it's pretty inaccessible by public transport. That said, the food quality and portion size actually don't make any intentional trip here especially worth it. But to be fair, the prices aren't exorbitant either. I doubt I'll be back though. It wasn't impressive enough to stick in my mind (and my stomach), so much so that I forgot about blogging it altogether. Note that they don't entertain reservations, and it gets pretty busy on weekend mornings.


GRUB
510, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 (Bishan Park 1)
Singapore 569983
Tel: +65 64595743

No comments:

Post a Comment