Friday, June 22, 2012

Canton Paradise @ Jcube

I heard some good reviews about Canton Paradise and decided to go there for late lunch with B one day. (usually there will be a long Q during lunch/dinner time). My experience there made me feel like I have to blog this first before my other outstanding entries.  The reason being... I FOUND A MAGGOT ON MY SPOON! I wished I took a photo of that but I was too disgusted and immediately requested for a new spoon. The waitress attitude was like "What's the big deal?" My whole dining experience greatly discounted, even so, I will try to give a fair description of their food. Pardon me as I don't have the exact names for the dishes and after my experience there, I am not really interested in finding out too.

Congee with Pig liver, intestines and meatballs

Roast pork, Roast duck and Roast char siew


Char siew bao

Char siew bao interior

Siew Mai

Prawn dumplings
Mango Prawns




Congee is nice, the pig part are fresh without any funny taste and I quite like them. Prawn dumplings are good, skin is thin and prawns used are fresh too with a nice crunch to it. Siew Mai is nicely done too, unlike other places that have siew mais that are too porky, this one is well balanced with their pork and fish portions.

Roast pork, I felt that the crispy skin is abit too thin and not "Shiok" enough, taste wise is just average. I like the roast duck that has a nice crisp skin but meat feels abit bland. Char siew was below average, B feels that the taste of it is abit bland with no depth, the honey coating was just on the surface, some might feel that meat texture might be abit tough but I am alright with it cos I like my char siew lean. Overall the platter is abit disappointing with it's average roast pork and roast duck and its superficial char siew.

Their char siew bao is very much raved about, as it is pan fried at the bottom and the skin is different from regular char siew bao. It came jus slight warm, not our usual steaming hot Baos. My opinion, it's a nice change from regular char siew baos but they used the same superficial char siew so its just passable for me.

Reason why there're 3 photos of Mango roll prawns, is that B says there's a hell lot of mayo in the roll. The oil was not well drained and made the rolls slightly too oily and yes I agree that the mayo was really too overpowering. I guess I will stay off mayo for the rest of the month.

Till this point, you might have realised my lack of excitement blogging about this place, I am really NOT excited at all. Service here does not suck but surely has lots of room for improvements, they should teach their staffs how to react when customer finds a maggot/ worm/ whatever on their plate. Good thing is, I am still well and does not have any diarrhea after dining there.

No comments:

Post a Comment