Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fullhouse theme cafe

When I only contributed 2 out of 54 posts in the blog, Gracie decided that it's maybe time for me to contribute a little more.. Recent visit to Fullhouse theme cafe @ Rendevous Hotel, to be exact will be 2nd visit because they were fullhouse on my 1st visit (happened to be their grand opening).

So, finally 4 of us made a reservation and got a table in their "Living room", as usual, we arrived starved and decided to order some appetizers while waiting for SY to arrive. Food selection was quite limited so we thought that chicken sausages and french fries would be nice to start the dinner with.

Chicken sausage
Chicken sausages were served with some BBQ sauce and mashed potato, a great great disappointment, for $11.90, I won't be expecting 3 pathetic chicken franks (like those frozen ones u get from NTUC) lying on my plate. Even when they made some effort in making some cuts on it and covering it with some bbq sauce, it does not justify for the $11.90 we are paying for. Nevermind about the hotdog, mashed potatoes are decent, abit on the dry side and nothing to rave about. French fries were nice, crispy outside and soft fluffy inside, the kind of fries I'll like, I was so hungry that I forgot to make a picture of it... As usual.

Chicken chop with pepper and raisin sauce and mashed potato

Dory fillet with vegetables


Smoked salmon focaccia sandwich

Upon SY's arrival, we order our mains, which are chicken chop, smoked salmon sandwich, dory fish fillet. Chicken chop was nicely cooked, juicy with a crisp charred skin, I like the sauce with raisin which went quite well with the slightly dry mashed potato. Yes, it's the same mashed potato as the cheapo hotdog appetizer.

Dory fish fillet was nicely cooked, however the whole thing tasted like something you would expect from a chinese wedding dish. Fillets were placed on top of some Xiao bai cai, garnished with some dou miao, sauce was some lemon cream sauce but the taste of everything just felt chinese. LOL..

Smoked salmon sandwich tasted just like how it looks, bread abit dry, although I quite like the herb taste ( I think it's rosemary). Other than that, nothing much worth mentioning.

Next, some pictures on the interior....




Finally finished our meal and on our way out, one of the staffs asked about how we find the food, me being the frank me, commented on the chicken franks. I was nice and politely mentioned that for $11.90 they should have used better sausages rather than just chicken franks. The reply was stunning, the staff just told me jokingly that I should have looked at the picture on the menu first, I said there's no picture for appetizers, he then told me I should just order something else on the menu the next time I am there. He was not rude, I guessed he is just not trained to handle such situations, actually a simple "I would let the chef know, thank you for your feedback" would suffice.

Overall, it's a nice place to take pictures and have a group outing, they do have a wide selection of drinks on their menu and suitable for friends to chill and relax, service was good, staffs there are warm and friendly. In the "Bedroom", shopholics can also browse through their selection of clothings and accessories. Food and drinks, in my opinion is quite pricey and if i were to go back, it definitely will not be for their food.

No comments:

Post a Comment