Saturday, October 8, 2011

KT's Grill @ Sentosa

An impromptu trip to Universal Studio with my mum, one minute we were lazing at home on a Saturday afternoon and the next thing we know, we are queuing up to get tickets for the USS "Hollywood after hours" pass. It's quite a bargain at $5 for 7 - 10pm and comes with a free fireworks show.

During our recent poly mates gathering, a friend mentioned that the steak at KT's grill is superb, so tender that u can tear it apart with just your fork. So, there's no reason not to try it since we are there.. 
De Menu

Not feeling too hungry, we ordered 1 set dinner for sharing, warm bread with unsalted butter was served before the meal. I remembered someone telling me that eating unsalted butter with bread would make the butter flavour more noticeable. I don't know how true it is but one thing for sure, I prefer my butter salted. The bread tasted like your average loaf of bread heated up, it's not lousy but it just lack the "WOW" factor. Maybe it's just me, always benchmarking against the onion loaf at Morton's.

Warm Bread


Appetizer: Onion ring with bed of salad
Appetizer was an onion ring on a bed of salad, onion ring tasted just like how it looks, fragrant without being overly oily. Salad dressing was slightly sweet and sourish and quite refreshing for the palate.

Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup was NICE! It's smooth, creamy and has a very nice sweetish pumpkin flavour. Mum and I both enjoyed the soup, finishing every drop of it. Another plus point that it arrived piping hot, slurping it gives a hearty feel on a cooling night.
Steak with baked potato and tomato on the side

Here comes the main course! I headed right for the medium rare steak, to see if it's really as good as described. Verdict: It is good! Although its not the melt in my mouth kind of steak, I love the texture of it, juicely tender with a nice stringy chew to it. I always like my steak medium rare so that the juice of the meat gets nicely sealed. YUMMY! Another surprise is the tomato, normally I don't really fancy tomatoes but i took a peek at this one and i spotted CHEESE! Again, no reason not to try. Tomato is very very juicy and slightly sweet, cheese flavour is not strong but gives a nice balance to it. Baked potato is alright, I would very much prefer it to be flaky-er, moister but I am not complaining.

Brownie with Vanilla Ice cream

We both were giggling when we saw the presentation of the dessert, did the brownie quarrel with the ice cream or what? Why so far apart? Despite the unusual presentation, brownie was quite nicely done, chocolaty and nutty but a tad too sweet for me. I ended up not finishing it and at that moment, I kinda wish Gracie was there so she can lend a helping mouth.

Overall experience at KT's grill was not too bad, service was attentive and staffs warm and friendly. However, when we first arrived at the restaurant, mom spotted a nice cosy partitioned corner and when we requested to change our seats there, we were told that the seats are only available to those who ordered the set menu. We only ordered one set and the waitress told us we need to order one more main in order to sit there, we both decided not to cos we won't be able to finish the food. A while later, a group of Caucasians are seated in that cosy corner even before they ordered their food. Seeing that made me feel abit inbalanced, so much for being a Singaporean. I did not pursue the matter any further cos the steak kinda distracted me, but I truly hope I am mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment